Spotted two guys wearing wetsuits today

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
Binary
Wetsuit lover

Spotted two guys wearing wetsuits today

Post by Binary » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Well, didn't get a clear look, nothing at all like that. But it's kind of weird that they'd be wearing wetsuits in my local shopping mall. My suburb is no where near the beach or anything, we have a small local pool, and that's about it.

Anyway, these two Aussie (I think) guys, couldn't be more then 23 years old, walked past the shops today, you can clearly see both of them were wearing their wetsuits, especially on the legs but they half took it off so it's hanging off at their waists, including the sleeves. they were also wearing baggy tee shirts as well, both plain colour with no design, but baggy that it didn't show anything.

So there's no make or model or any recongising features when I walked past them, and no one were openly staring and I didn't want to stare or even ask them why. I did turn around to catch a glimpse of half their asses, half covered by the sigh, baggy tee shirt.

But it's slightly weird that they'd be wearing it around my area. Not sure if they just came back off the train or something from the beach. The wetsuits were definitely dry. Today wasn't hot, it was sunny, but not hot. It's still Spring here in Australia.

So yeah, your thoughts?

MrPC

Post by MrPC » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:59 am

Seems kinda normal. If you live across town and take the train, you either have to bring a mate who will mind your clothes (not to mention the return ticket home), or you risk someone nicking your stuff on the beach and the mag stripe on your ticket getting inundated inside your wetsuit.

If it had taken say an hour to get home, then yeah, it probably would be dry.

Binary
Wetsuit lover

Post by Binary » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 am

I've lived in the area for over 10 years and often frequent the shopping center and train station. And I haven't gotten a chance to see a scene like that around my area.

That was a first for me.

ifitz
Wetsuit lover

Post by ifitz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Is there any sort of water maintinence near the mall or in the mall itself, or even marine life?

I live in Edmonton, and at WEM, a really hot guy works there and does maininence and marine life care- he's always around in his wetsuit!

Binary
Wetsuit lover

Post by Binary » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 am

ifitz wrote:Is there any sort of water maintinence near the mall or in the mall itself, or even marine life?

I live in Edmonton, and at WEM, a really hot guy works there and does maininence and marine life care- he's always around in his wetsuit!
Nope, nothing of that sort.

calebjamie

Post by calebjamie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

which part of oz are u in? :oops: :oops:
perhaps i shld go n try my luck if is around :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone

Binary
Wetsuit lover

Post by Binary » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:22 am

You're in Melbourne, I'm stuck in boring 'ld Sydney. :P

calebjamie

Post by calebjamie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:59 am

sydney...big city never like it
is fun to spend my holly over there but definitely not staying over there :wink: :wink:
The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone

Binary
Wetsuit lover

Post by Binary » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Yes, if you do holiday over, wear a wetsuit to my local shopping center, I'll look out for you. ;)

Steve
Wetsuit lover

Post by Steve » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:57 am

where abouts in Syd is the shopping centre ? If its in Penrith or Blacktown or something like that, then yes guys wandering around in wetties would be a rare sight. Bondi, Cronulla or the northern beaches, it would be almost as common as street signs.

Binary
Wetsuit lover

Post by Binary » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Chatswood, Hornsby, Berowa area. The north side. Still not that common.

Steve
Wetsuit lover

Post by Steve » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:27 am

Binary wrote:Chatswood, Hornsby, Berowa area. The north side. Still not that common.
Hmmm.. ok. Yeah, not really that close to any beaches. But they could have been surfing and were on their way home when they decided to drop in to a surf shop at Westfield or something. Or they could have been wetsuit lads members after a thrill.

Binary
Wetsuit lover

Post by Binary » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:21 am

Totally. I want to get a wetsuit for myself, but there's not a lot of choices aren't where I live. Getting one online you don't really know the size. I guess I could venture further.

But I'd find a way to get changed instead. I don't think I am brave enough to walk around wearing half a wetsuit. xD