Buying cheap triathlon wetsuits

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
SZ
Wetsuit lover

Post by SZ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:17 am

try buying an ex hire suit lots of the triathlon retailers do them and some have'nt been worn much

CuteCyclingBoy

Re: Buying cheap triathlon wetsuits

Post by CuteCyclingBoy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:18 pm

anoneemooos wrote:Last year I hired a wetsuit, but fancy buying one this year (I do open water swimming during the summer). Does anyone know of anywhere I can get cheap triatholon wetsuits?
The used triatholon suits works and heres a place where I bought a camaro speedskin. But it's too thin and mine was recently damaged. :(

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search ... tions=True

mark314
Wetsuit lover

Re: Buying cheap triathlon wetsuits

Post by mark314 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:59 pm

anoneemooos wrote:Last year I hired a wetsuit, but fancy buying one this year (I do open water swimming during the summer). Does anyone know of anywhere I can get cheap triatholon wetsuits?

I've got two cheap wetsuits from Decathlon (I'm actually wearing them both now, a full length and a shortie...and building up a hell of a sweat doing the housework!) but they don't really do triathlon suits!
Real triathlon wetsuits ARE expensive. Triathlon gear is expensive in general, and wetsuits designed for competitive swimming are different from diving suits. Triathlon wetsuits are usually composed of several kinds of Neoprene. The breast and thight area is often made of very thick material (triathlon rules allow up to 5 mm) to increase bouyancy which helps swimmers suffering from poor technique while the material covering arms and shoulders is usually very thin and stretchy in order to minimize resistance to arm movement.

Wetsuits for diving are designed t keep the you warm and are often made of the same material all over.

I made good experience with buying used triathlon wetsuits at ebay. It seems that a lot of people try thriahlon but then don't really like it and sell their equipment.

Regards, Mark

ifitz
Wetsuit lover

Post by ifitz » Thu May 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Slightly off topic: My triathlon suit (it was super cheap) has all these pulls along the thin/soft material around the neck. Is that normal or just because it's cheap?