I am getting a rubber suit!

Chat about anything rubber related.
wetsuitlad
Webmaster

Re: I am getting a rubber suit!

Post by wetsuitlad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Now, I just need to work out the sizing.... no idea what one, I need! I need someone to size me up!!!

kinkygaynerd

Post by kinkygaynerd » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am

Honestly I'd say your best bet when it comes to sizing is just to walk into the store and try stuff on. Even if you still end up ordering online

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Nothing beats trying stuff on. Size charts can be unreliable, but at least rubber is stretchy enough to shoehorn into (with lube, that can be fun to slip and slide!) Like wetsuits, you want them snug, not loose.

If you go custom, follow their instructions and measure accurately, ideally multiple times with a dressmaker's tape.

Good choice on the collar too! Are you going to get a hood later?

rublatex

Post by rublatex » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:37 pm

Correct sizing is more important with heavier gauge latex, light and medium weight is more forgiving but .6mm and above you do want it to be spot on if you want to be comfortable when wearing it for long periods.

If you are ever going to wear your suit under regular clothes ( as if anyone would 😆 ) a lower collar may be better.

pwbonds1

Post by pwbonds1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

You will look great in it , can't wait to see photos, I can recommend Skintightrubber, I went for the lower collar so can wear it under normal clothes and go out in it (in the cooler weather).