Zipper Issue

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
ifitz
Wetsuit lover

Zipper Issue

Post by ifitz »

So I got a new wetsuit but I can't get the zipper up. The suit fits and the zipper works when I am not wearing it but when wearing it, the zipper won't go up. What can I do, I've never had this problem before. Or do I just need a bro to zip me up?
alfiej_uk
Wetsuit lover

Re: Zipper Issue

Post by alfiej_uk »

Happy to give you a hand.....;)
zeep
Wetsuit lover

Post by zeep »

u can try to wax the zipper, u can try to 'pull in ur back' (dunno how to describe that) n u can try it while sittin or standin or in between, movin hellps stimes. u can 'shimmie' into it :D
ifitz
Wetsuit lover

Post by ifitz »

I've tried to shimmy and pull my back in (I know what that is because it looks so sexy when guys donut to get their wetsuits on). How would I wax it? What do I use?
zeep
Wetsuit lover

Post by zeep »

just normal candle
rub it over the teeth n zip it up n down a few times. should go easier then. then u can try to get in gain
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

I know this is quite an old post and you've probably found your solution, but I used to have a wetsuit like that. I eventually found that I could do up the suit by dropping the zip pull strap over something fixed, like a door handle on a closed door or banister etc. hold the strap in one hand to stop it moving and then gently crouch down being careful not to lean forward too much. This seems to pull the zip out slightly as it pulls up, but if you lean forward too much you risk breaking the zip pull, which I did once.