Wetsuits you're currently lusting after.

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Re: Wetsuits you're currently lusting after.

Post by surfydude »

kevsomerset wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:42 pm I did send a note to QS UK yesterday to enquire if they would become available over here in due course. I had a note back today to say my query has been pasted on to customer services in QS Europe, who will respond as soon as possible.
You never know if they get some more enquiries, a few of them may make it to this side of the world..... As you suggest though when looking at delivery arrangements and who can sell on what 'patch', the workings of the minds in the top of large companies & corporations sometimes can seem a little mysterious. :?
Hopefully the suit will be available in Europe in due course, and cheaper. The whole market separation thing is frequently a problem here too, and usually it's more expensive. Some of my suits came from the UK for half the local AU price.

Bewet once made sleek designs but now discontinued. They still have some other partly smoothskin designs, but I think Bewet are only available in Japan.
bondageboy4696

Post by bondageboy4696 »

I'd love to find a zipperless wetsuit. If that's what they're called, I've only got the one wetsuit, just a cheap sport direct one and really want to get another, can anyone suggest a good one that's not mega expensive, also what sort of size would I need. I'm 6ft and slim. Might be in the wrong section but thanks to anyone who replies
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

Hi, its the time of year when retailers are making a lot of sales, so the cheaper options for suits will be reduced, but there are still deals out there. The zipperless suits tend to be a little more expensive than the chest zip and certainly the back zip suits. You didn't say what type of suit you wanted as the cut of the suits changes slightly depending on sport and the thickness changes depending upon season. There are the other options for the summer / thinner suits such as different arm & leg lengths. A number of makers do 'spring' suits which have long arms but short legs and can be in all entry option, so it all depends on your tastes and desires not forgetting colour and finish.

I've always found the best bargains are at the change of the season, so spring / early summer to get the winter suits and autumn / early winter to get the summer suits when stores want to clear stock. There are still a few bargains out there though that are bases on 'last years model' wetsuits that shops want the clear, but sizes are now somewhat limited. All good websites will have a size chart on them as sizes do vary between between makers.

For example in O'Neill suits I would take a size LS, but in RipCurl, its an XL. You would probably be looking for more of a small tall/medium/medium tall, but you really need to look at the size for the suit you are considering and if possible, try one on before you buy it. There are lots of website though with wetsuits, but the best selections will not be on the 'high street' sports or big corporate websites. Those are often based on price above anything else. A cheap 'high street' wetsuit compared to a proper branded wetsuit can be like wearing a suit of armour verses wearing virtually nothing (the latter type tends to cost money though), but conversely, the more expensive softer & lighter suits are less durable......

Happy shopping :D
Padraig Post

Post by Padraig Post »

I have what could be described as a zipperless wetsuit - a Mares 55 Spearfishing Wetsuit. It comprises of a long-john and a pull-over hooded top with a beaver-tail fastening.

See here a newer version than the one that I have.

https://www.spearfishing.co.uk/spearfis ... 5-wetsuit/

Padraig Post
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

I never did get an answer from Quiksilver, so I can only assume the answer is no they have no plans to bring that single lined suit to Europe and don't want to publicise that.
On the upside, I have found a similar style of suit which is zipless, although its only 2mm thick and intended for swimming rather than surfing, but that would make it more flexible...
SoakedDolphin
Wetsuit lover

Post by SoakedDolphin »

Oh man what a bummer.
The exclusive thing for some countries sometimes is super annoying sometimes.

The one you found looks amazing!
Would you please tell us what brand it is? Thanks!
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

Hey, its just their loss (in sales) and means we find alternatives.

The suit I pictured above is an Epsealon suit. I wrote it was a swimming suit, but its actually their Abyss Apnea suit, so will be super flexible. I've put the link below where I got the picture from.

https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving ... 35959819/p

I am tempted, but probably won't (at least yet :roll: )
SoakedDolphin
Wetsuit lover

Post by SoakedDolphin »

True. I actually think some manufacturers are aware that fetishists also buy their suits.

Wow yes it does look amazing. I really love the idea of a zipperless smooth suit.

I think you should give it a try. You can never have too many wetsuits :p
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

Thanks.
it certainly won't be this month, for sure. Maybe later in the year if its still available.
I tell myself you can't have too many wetsuit, but I think I may need to revisit that thought!
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

I never did get that Epsealon suit in a previous post, although its still one I look at from time to time.

There are a couple of others I've found that are appealing to me. One is a triathlon suit in all black (a kind of stealth look)...
https://www.swiminn.com/f/13693/1369367 ... 1.5-mm.jpg

The other is an Australian waterski suit, which is shorter in the leg (either short or 3/4 length) than full length suits. Getting shipped half way around the world makes it just a dream though...but a nice one :wink:
https://www.stokesskis.com/wp-content/u ... 6/tslr.jpg
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude »

kevsomerset wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:56 pm I never did get that Epsealon suit in a previous post, although its still one I look at from time to time.

There are a couple of others I've found that are appealing to me. One is a triathlon suit in all black (a kind of stealth look)...
https://www.swiminn.com/f/13693/1369367 ... 1.5-mm.jpg

The other is an Australian waterski suit, which is shorter in the leg (either short or 3/4 length) than full length suits. Getting shipped half way around the world makes it just a dream though...but a nice one :wink:
https://www.stokesskis.com/wp-content/u ... 6/tslr.jpg
First suit looks ok in all black, but has the dimples from chest down to the knee. I'd prefer it to be entirely smooth.

Second suit looks nice! But they're actually American.