Wetsuit Walks

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
rolfman

Wetsuit Walks

Post by rolfman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 am

So, a couple of weeks ago, during one of our "spring" cold snaps, I decided that it would be nice to do a wetsuit walk. I kitted up in my Orca Trn fron Wiggle along with some wetsuit socks and wetsuit gloves. I then covered it with some combat pants, boots, and hi viz jacket (it was cold!). I then went for a walk around a local town centre and the around a nearby country park. I got properly snowed on a couple of times but still built up a proper sweat in all of that lovely neopene. I may need to wash out my boots. Still, loads of fun.

Anyone done anything similar?

wetsuitlad
Webmaster

Re: Wetsuit Walks

Post by wetsuitlad » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 am

I've done many wetsuit walks over the years!! Even some in just a wetsuit!!

Just out the following two vlogs!!! :P

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Re: Wetsuit Walks

Post by surfydude » Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 pm

I go exploring beaches by walking through water or close to the edge, usually before or after a swim/surf. No problems with just the wetsuit!

I once went on holiday and forgot sandals/thongs for the beach, and the public toilets were filthy, so I walked a few hundred metres from my hotel to the beach, though a popular pedestrian mall and busy roads, in my wetsuit and walking/hiking shoes. The close proximity to the beach meant most people didn't care. Walking there was warm and toasty, but walking back after a swim wasn't fun. My shoes got damp from seawater constantly leaking out of my suit and sand got everywhere inside. Took me ages to clean up.