Wetsuit Walks

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
rolfman

Wetsuit Walks

Post by rolfman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 am

So, a couple of weeks ago, during one of our "spring" cold snaps, I decided that it would be nice to do a wetsuit walk. I kitted up in my Orca Trn fron Wiggle along with some wetsuit socks and wetsuit gloves. I then covered it with some combat pants, boots, and hi viz jacket (it was cold!). I then went for a walk around a local town centre and the around a nearby country park. I got properly snowed on a couple of times but still built up a proper sweat in all of that lovely neopene. I may need to wash out my boots. Still, loads of fun.

Anyone done anything similar?

wetsuitlad
Webmaster

Re: Wetsuit Walks

Post by wetsuitlad » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:34 am

I've done many wetsuit walks over the years!! Even some in just a wetsuit!!

Just out the following two vlogs!!! :P

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 pm

I go exploring beaches by walking through water or close to the edge, usually before or after a swim/surf. No problems with just the wetsuit!

I once went on holiday and forgot sandals/thongs for the beach, and the public toilets were filthy, so I walked a few hundred metres from my hotel to the beach, though a popular pedestrian mall and busy roads, in my wetsuit and walking/hiking shoes. The close proximity to the beach meant most people didn't care. Walking there was warm and toasty, but walking back after a swim wasn't fun. My shoes got damp from seawater constantly leaking out of my suit and sand got everywhere inside. Took me ages to clean up.

danl72
Wetsuit lover

Post by danl72 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 am

I go walking in my wetsuit very often. It is very relaxing and I love wearing it as often as I can.

WetsuitTrannyuk

Post by WetsuitTrannyuk » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 am

I regularly go out for walks in my 2xu propel wetsuit I wear my leather high heeled boots and full makeup and hair. I once walked 6 miles in one night! I’d like to go on a much longer walk and I’ve bought some ASICS trainers to go with my wetsuit so I can break the 10 mile mark! X

zeep
Wetsuit lover

Post by zeep » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:41 am

not really a walk, but i rolled thru town in my surf wettie, gloves but sneakers, cause the booties got no grip on the board. all for free admission in a cinema, if u came dressed up.
yeah halloween^^
ps: i wore it in the cinema as well

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Another summer holiday, and another set of wetsuit walks/swims/snorkels at a nice clear creek with sandy beaches on both sides.

On the first day I went with my surf spring suit, mask, snorkel and fins. Water was so clear I could see the bottom even when walking through shallow areas (and of course, when snorkelling). Made for fun times as well as getting the suit completely wet but warm inside.

Unfortunately, there were lots of tiny jellyfish. Although most don't sting, I still felt them tingling my neck, lower arms and knee. Then I saw a deadly Bluebottle (aka Man of War) jellyfish. At that point I wished I wore a full suit with gloves, boots and hood instead of just a spring suit. Or at least be careful.

The next time I went in my Orca TRN full suit, mask, snorkel and fins. No jellyfish worries this time. I swam across the creek, sat in the water on the other side, before walking barefoot through the beach, over a bridge and back in the water. I went under the bridge and it was surprisingly shallow! It was fun exploring the creek fully suited up and carrying snorkel gear the whole time. A few guys were also chilling with masks and long fins (but only lycra, no wetsuits). I left soon after the lifeguard warned Bluebottles were coming. One guy even picked one out of the water (and said I'd be ok in the wetsuit).

So there you go - dangerous sea creatures are the perfect excuse to suit up, even if you're walking through shallow water.