Zipper types

Vote in our polls, to have a greater say on what happens with this website.

Favourite zipper system

Chest zip
24%
Back zip
29%
Front zip
No votes
Zipperless - one piece surf suit
6%
Zipperless - two piece freediving suit
12%
Don't care
6%
I wish I could get into a suit with just the neck hole
24%

Total votes: 17

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Zipper types

Post by surfydude » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:23 am

With different types of ways of getting in and out of various wetsuits, does anyone have preferences?

I like back zips for a clean looking front and ease of entry/exit, but can't beat chest zips or zipperless suits for flexibility and fewer leaks! Sometimes it's worth looking like a contortionist to get suited up.

And who dreams of a suit that doesn't have a way of getting in and out, except maybe stretching out the neck hole and climbing in. Imagine a machine that stretches out the suit for you to step in!

Tiger
Wetsuit lover

Re: Zipper types

Post by Tiger » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:05 pm

I’ve still got one of the old style semi dry suits with a cross shoulder dry zip. It feels pretty horny to wear, once it’s zipped up I can’t get out on my own! :D
Mark

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Tiger wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:05 pm
I’ve still got one of the old style semi dry suits with a cross shoulder dry zip. It feels pretty horny to wear, once it’s zipped up I can’t get out on my own! :D
Haha, interesting! A drysuit zip! But you'd have a dive buddy by your side, right? :D

Tiger
Wetsuit lover

Post by Tiger » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Yeah sort of! It’s actually a wetsuit but with a dry zip, I don’t need to wear anything underneath.
I use it for windsurfing and jetskiing, but my mates seem to like to tease and not let me out at the
end of the day :D :D .
Mark

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:28 am

Sounds like a pretty cool wetsuit to have. They must like seeing it if they want you suited up after the session. LOL :D