Floating in wetsuits

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Floating in wetsuits

Post by surfydude » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Who here enjoys suiting up and and floating around in the water? Yes, it's true that wetsuits (especially full suits) make you float without moving, either lying face up or down. As well as getting the suit all slick and shiny, I find it quite relaxing to be suspended motionless by nothing but water, and having the whole sky or ocean/pool floor in front of you. I'll even strap on a dive mask to see into the depths and do underwater somersaults with ease.

zeep
Wetsuit lover

Re: Floating in wetsuits

Post by zeep » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 pm

interestin idea, gotta try this.
cool ide dude :)

Dutchie
Wetsuit lover

Post by Dutchie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Yes, I love that. I did it a while ago, wearing a full diving suit, with a dive mask and a snorkel. It was absolutely amazing. The suit didn't allow any water in it for the first couple of minutes. So I only felt the pressure of the suit against my skin and the water only against my face. It was so peaceful and relaxing.

PurplePhoenix

Post by PurplePhoenix » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:02 pm

I used to just float in pools for fun. (Without wetsuits.) One just gets lost in time and can relax. Trying it out with a wetsuit sounds like a really interesting idea.

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:37 am

It's a lot easier and fun when you're encased in neoprene (and maybe dive mask and snorkel). Feels like what Dutchie said.