Working from home in gear

Vote in our polls, to have a greater say on what happens with this website.

Have you worked from home in gear?

No
24%
Yes, in a wetsuit
35%
Yes, in rubber
24%
Yes, in lycra
12%
Yes, in leather
6%
Yes, in other gear
No votes

Total votes: 17

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Working from home in gear

Post by surfydude » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:53 am

Hey guys,

With many people isolated and working from home, has anyone worked in gear, be it wetsuits, rubber, lycra or leather (or something else)? I've yet to try a wetsuit, but I once wore a lyrca rash shirt, boardshorts and a black dive mask during an online team meeting. A few colleagues said I looked good in it. It was a challenge to another team member who started it with a bicycle helmet and rollerblades (and we all laughed at it).

I've worn leathers in the office and in public and people are impressed, like they've never seen so much cool leather before.

Or has anyone found themselves wearing gear more often due to isolation? I found it pleasurable and effective against loneliness.

Feel free to share below.

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Re: Working from home in gear

Post by surfydude » Sun May 24, 2020 9:06 am

A sudden cold snap while working from home had me reaching for warm clothes, I mean wetsuits. I grabbed my Billabong spring suit and squeezed into it. Felt tight and compressed as I haven't worn it for a while. Eventually it softened and moulded to my body while I worked. Either way, I didn't really mind. Then it got colder and the suit wasn't warm any more. So I grabbed my Ripcurl long sleeve spring suit and zipped it over the top. Whoa. Toasty warm and tightly restricted by 2 suits. Even made me sit straight at my desk! Later I took the Ripcurl off and video called a colleague who liked wetsuits. He couldn't believe it! Maybe next time I'll jokingly say I'm going surfing at lunchtime or after work.

ifitz
Wetsuit lover

Post by ifitz » Wed May 27, 2020 12:42 am

This sounds like the start of a good story. 😏

Mostly, and this feels like a whole other topic, I’ve been too depressed to gear up. I’ve just been unable to find the drive. Further, I have people around all the time. It makes me wish I lived alone, although my loneliness would be worse.

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Thu May 28, 2020 2:30 pm

Haha, good to hear that it's a start of a good story. Maybe I'll turn it into a fictional piece later on :D. Full suits would be even warmer with more rubber, if I had the time. I've done Zoom meetups with friends in full suits and they like it too :D

I'm often hesitant to gear up, but sometimes, you have to just do it. It feels different once you're in it. Lock the bedroom door for a while, if you have to. Suiting up while working from home isn't such a bad idea, given other people in the house aren't meant to disturb you.