Swim in Lake Constance

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
BlackWetsuit1982
Wetsuit lover

Swim in Lake Constance

Post by BlackWetsuit1982 »

Hello,

after swimming in the lake with my Wintersuit at 5 degrees, I am now continuing this in summer :wink: But i must say in Summer it is now very hot in the Wintersuit with Hood :oops: but I do not mind. With diving goggles and snorkels, I always go into the lake in the evening until late at night with a flashlight in my luggage. With the flashlight I can swim at night. A few days ago, however, I unfortunately frightened some on the beach. I snorkeled, but then it happened, water ran into my diving goggles.

I then stood up in the semi-darkness with the jet-black wetsuit that was soaking wet in the already dark water in front of these people. They jumped backwards. Yesterday i could help some young Men, who unfortunately shot their football into the lake. The young Men were thankful that I got the ball :D However, I have to say that the feeling of floating like a raft in a tight wetsuit is indescribable. Most of them on the Beach looked at me questioningly ... Summer = swim shorts ... but me in complete Neoprene Outfit ?

After i could help the young Men, I noticed that it is actually not bad to just walk around in the Neo and go swimming with it, because I didn’t dare at first under People, but then I did :o I did it before without people, where I waited until nobody was there, but now i can do it all Time 8)

Greetings from Germany
Hotboy
Wetsuit lover

Re: Swim in Lake Constance

Post by Hotboy »

I always wear a winter wetsuit, I prefer them thicker.

Love being in the water in a wetsuit. End up going to the beach and just swimming and lounging all day.

I don't care if anyone thinks it's odd to be in a wetsuit but tbh here in the UK most wear them even in summer.
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude »

I'm like that too. I almost always wear a wetsuit in the water, preferably a full suit. I get cold easily so I need it. It feels great to be wrapped in wet shiny rubber, and be warm and floaty at the same time. I use a dive mask and snorkel too, but only during the day. Recently I added some snorkel/dive fins, and they are a lot of fun! So much power for little effort, it's like having a motor to go the distance.

Where I live, wetsuits aren't common during summer (it's very hot), and in winter it's usually for surfing or diving. Some might stare, but I too stopped caring what other people think. If you're going in water, just suit up! That's what the suit is designed for.
Dutchie
Wetsuit lover

Post by Dutchie »

BlackWetsuit1982 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 pm
After i could help the young Men, I noticed that it is actually not bad to just walk around in the Neo and go swimming with it, because I didn’t dare at first under People, but then I did :o I did it before without people, where I waited until nobody was there, but now i can do it all Time 8)

Greetings from Germany
Good for you! I'm still gathering my nerves to get in gear in public while alone, even at the side of a lake.
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude »

I'm a little surprised people around Lake Constance aren't used to seeing wetsuits. They're so common around coastal tourist towns here no one really cares. Most would think you're just going to the beach or lake. On my last trip I walked into a lift in a full suit carrying my scuba fins and the dude already in it didn't care. He probably knew I was hitting the rooftop swimming pool.