Swim in Lake Constance

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
BlackWetsuit1982
Wetsuit lover

Swim in Lake Constance

Post by BlackWetsuit1982 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello,

after swimming in the lake with my Wintersuit at 5 degrees, I am now continuing this in summer :wink: But i must say in Summer it is now very hot in the Wintersuit with Hood :oops: but I do not mind. With diving goggles and snorkels, I always go into the lake in the evening until late at night with a flashlight in my luggage. With the flashlight I can swim at night. A few days ago, however, I unfortunately frightened some on the beach. I snorkeled, but then it happened, water ran into my diving goggles.

I then stood up in the semi-darkness with the jet-black wetsuit that was soaking wet in the already dark water in front of these people. They jumped backwards. Yesterday i could help some young Men, who unfortunately shot their football into the lake. The young Men were thankful that I got the ball :D However, I have to say that the feeling of floating like a raft in a tight wetsuit is indescribable. Most of them on the Beach looked at me questioningly ... Summer = swim shorts ... but me in complete Neoprene Outfit ?

After i could help the young Men, I noticed that it is actually not bad to just walk around in the Neo and go swimming with it, because I didn’t dare at first under People, but then I did :o I did it before without people, where I waited until nobody was there, but now i can do it all Time 8)

Greetings from Germany

Hotboy
Wetsuit lover

Re: Swim in Lake Constance

Post by Hotboy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I always wear a winter wetsuit, I prefer them thicker.

Love being in the water in a wetsuit. End up going to the beach and just swimming and lounging all day.

I don't care if anyone thinks it's odd to be in a wetsuit but tbh here in the UK most wear them even in summer.

surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:36 pm

I'm like that too. I almost always wear a wetsuit in the water, preferably a full suit. I get cold easily so I need it. It feels great to be wrapped in wet shiny rubber, and be warm and floaty at the same time. I use a dive mask and snorkel too, but only during the day. Recently I added some snorkel/dive fins, and they are a lot of fun! So much power for little effort, it's like having a motor to go the distance.

Where I live, wetsuits aren't common during summer (it's very hot), and in winter it's usually for surfing or diving. Some might stare, but I too stopped caring what other people think. If you're going in water, just suit up! That's what the suit is designed for.

Dutchie
Wetsuit lover

Post by Dutchie » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:54 pm

BlackWetsuit1982 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 pm

After i could help the young Men, I noticed that it is actually not bad to just walk around in the Neo and go swimming with it, because I didn’t dare at first under People, but then I did :o I did it before without people, where I waited until nobody was there, but now i can do it all Time 8)

Greetings from Germany
Good for you! I'm still gathering my nerves to get in gear in public while alone, even at the side of a lake.