Wetsuit Accessories

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Wetsuit Accessories

Post by kevsomerset »

Just wondering if people regularly use wetsuit accessories when wearing their suits. I talking about things like hoods, gloves, and boots/socks.

I know there is another topic on the types of wetsuit boots people might wear, and I certainly use these if in the sea between November & May.

If at home I tend to like wearing a hood for a little more enclosure. I recently found a nice smooth hood to go with the Ripcurl smooth gloves. Its really close fitting without being tight.
Image Image
kinkygaynerd
Wetsuit lover

Re: Wetsuit Accessories

Post by kinkygaynerd »

I don't but kinda tempted to get some. With rubber, I'm a big fan of the covered head to toe, look, and judging by the photos on this website, I like the same with neoprene
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Post by Fido »

I have two neoprene boots. Mistral and Alder. Both with a partition between the thumb and forefinger. I often wear shoes in the water and at home. I rarely use neoprene gloves. I have a ordered hood made of 1 mm neoprene and I like the smooth HUUB hood. Maybe I'll buy it.
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude »

I love the idea of full enclosure. I definitely feel a lot more "complete" tightly encased in a full suit than a spring suit. I've yet to try a hood or boots, but very tempting. Matching gloves a treat, but I haven't used them in the water yet.

I have 2 pairs of fins, dive mask and snorkel. The long fins are so much fun to glide through the water. Plus they look so cool. But not practical on land.