Surf wetsuits without smoothskin chest

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Surf wetsuits without smoothskin chest

Post by surfydude »

I'm seeing more and more surf suits now doing away without the smoothskin chest pieces on the front or back. I've always enjoyed this, texturally and visually (the bigger ones especially). They mould nicely to any chiselled chest (mine included!). I like the shiny look of wet neoprene lining too, but this can sometimes make the chest look bland. Anyone feel the same way?
Surfer boy

Re: Surf wetsuits without smoothskin chest

Post by Surfer boy »

Now that you mention it yeah. Its a shame their using it less and less. I'm sure it wont disappear completely though.
DMs open if anyone wants to chat
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

I can't say I have noticed that yet. A quick look on a UK website (as below) suggests the wetsuits with single lined chest panels are at least as common as those without. Perhaps thats just a UK thing or a trend that hasn't quite got as far as other parts of the globe?

https://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/wetsuits-mens.html
surfydude
Wetsuit lover

Post by surfydude »

There's definitely some regional differences, as some brands/models aren't available locally. But it was once almost universal that surf wetsuits had smooth chest panels, and some don't have them any more. A bit like how they used to always have back zips, but chest zips are very common now.