wetsuits worn in public

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
wetsuited
Wetsuit lover

wetsuits worn in public

Post by wetsuited » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:28 am

Does anyone wear their their wetsuits to do anything other than watersports outdoors?

I regularly where my wetsuit under a tracksuit and would go shopping or jogging etc..

It is a great feeling knowing you are wearing your favourite gear in public and enjoying yourself while others have no idea.

Do othres do this or am I alone?

wetsuitlad
Webmaster

Post by wetsuitlad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:49 pm

I have been out walking the dog in my wetsuit when it's very cold to keep me nice and warm. But of course I wear normal street gear over the top of it.

wetsuitsub

Post by wetsuitsub » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:51 am

If i had a wetsuit then i'd be wearing it in public too under street gear

didi

Post by didi » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:36 pm

Hi there,
Since last thursday I have a brandnew wetsuit. It is an XTERRA Ventilator (see more on http://www.xterrawetsuit.de/) and ofcourse I will be wearing it in public (under usual clothes) wen I for example go walking.

overtrousers

wetsuits in public

Post by overtrousers » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Yes. I love to wear my wetsuits outdoors. Usually under waterproof trousers and jacket with rubber gloves and boots. They keep me very warm on long walks at the beach. And as I get warmer, it feels better and better. I always wear my wetsuits with full waterproof gear outdoors, even on dry days. Probably because I also have a fetish for raingear and enjoy the way it keeps me really warm and a bit sweaty ;-)
Rubber and wetsuit wearing pervert :-D

jamesingear
Wetsuit lover

Post by jamesingear » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:18 pm

I haven't been out in public in a wetsuit, but I have been out in a morphsuit (full body lycra, for those who don't know what a morphsuit is!). As it's a fancy dress item I can get away with it :P

The hardest bit is getting out the house, once I'm outside I'm fine and no longer nervous!

Josh
Wetsuit lover

Post by Josh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Well now is the time of year that wearing a wetsuit to the beach is the norm.
Why don't you get yourself a bodyboard as an excuse?

jamesingear
Wetsuit lover

Post by jamesingear » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm

I have a body board, but I only have a motorbike, you can't really get a bodyboard on a motorbike, and even once there, I would have all my leathers with me so it's all a bit of a challenge :P

BlondGuppy
Wetsuit lover

Post by BlondGuppy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 pm

I've gone out to the supermarket with a wetsuit under my street clothes too. Felt really good! I too have a multi coloured lycra full suit; would like to go out to a event in that, just haven't yet plucked up the courage!

Three In One, James!!!! Morphsuit, then wetsuit on top, then leathers over that. Nice and snug... just might have to be careful on the bike if the morphsuit hood is up! :D

BlondGuppy. Relaxed, kind, caring, fun loving overgrown kid.

jamesingear
Wetsuit lover

Post by jamesingear » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:12 pm

Sounds like a plan BlondGuppy! Next time you're down Bournemouth... maybe... :P

rubrguy21
Wetsuit lover

Post by rubrguy21 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:10 pm

It actually makes me uncomfortable!

One time I wore a lycra suit under my clothes out and about. I was so nervous that part of it was showing or that people would somehow "know". I didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. Morphsuits are fascinating, but they scare me too.

On the other hand, even though I'm painfully shy, when people see me in a wetsuit for swimming or scuba I get a total thrill. I'm not a stud, and not an exhibitionist, but having an audience while in skintight neoprene gets me excited.

thetightness

Post by thetightness » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:46 pm

I've gone out for walks a few times with a suit underneath. Feels great! Sometimes I can't even feel my clothes on top. I worry about people seeing my neck though, but they'd probably mistake it for some kind of undershirt or something.

I don't surf or use the wetsuit for any of its intended purposes, so it's rare that I get a chance to move about freely in one. Always feels nice.

rubberos

Post by rubberos » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm

When I go surfing it is 2km away from my house. I always wear my wetsuit, in summer a shorty and in autum (right now) a semi dry suit with houd. I drive most time with my bycicle to the beach. It is a very nice feeling even when people watching me. Sometimes when I'm too horny I wear a short over it.

ifitz
Wetsuit lover

Post by ifitz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:58 pm

thetightness wrote:I've gone out for walks a few times with a suit underneath. Feels great! Sometimes I can't even feel my clothes on top. I worry about people seeing my neck though, but they'd probably mistake it for some kind of undershirt or something.

I don't surf or use the wetsuit for any of its intended purposes, so it's rare that I get a chance to move about freely in one. Always feels nice.
The neck thing is always a concern for me too!

sj_one
Wetsuit lover

Post by sj_one » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:20 pm

I usually wear a shorty wetsuit to "Heroes", a skin-tight, rubber/lycra/wetsuit club in London. Quite often (especially if I'm running late) it's more convenient to travel to and from the club in the wetsuit than change there. I just wear tracksuit bottoms and a fleece or sweatshirt over the top and nobody ever notices en route! :D
Mark (sj_one).

There are 3 kinds of wetsuit: "Hot", "Cool" and "Does my ass look big in this?"