sleeping in wetsuits

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Re: sleeping in wetsuits

Post by Fido »

kevsomerset wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm
Surfer boy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm ive tried a few times but its too tight and warm to get any sleep
I completely agree. I can wear them for quite a few hours when up and about, but not to sleep in for very long at all.
Try starting with a short and thin neoprene. For example, a neoprene swimsuit, which is actually a thin sleeveless short wetsuit. Once your body gets used to it, you can add length and thickness.
Or some variant with a front zipper and leave it open the first night, later closed in half and finally completely. Some swimrun wetsuit.
Surfer boy

Post by Surfer boy »

Fido wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:22 pm
kevsomerset wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm
Surfer boy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm ive tried a few times but its too tight and warm to get any sleep
I completely agree. I can wear them for quite a few hours when up and about, but not to sleep in for very long at all.
Try starting with a short and thin neoprene. For example, a neoprene swimsuit, which is actually a thin sleeveless short wetsuit. Once your body gets used to it, you can add length and thickness.
Or some variant with a front zipper and leave it open the first night, later closed in half and finally completely. Some swimrun wetsuit.
i'll have to give it a try
DMs open if anyone wants to chat
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

Likewise. Perhaps start with a front zip suit or one with a really low neck, but later in the year after the weather has cooled.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Post by Fido »

I went swimming yesterday. It was cold and the water cold so it was clear - triathlon wetsuit.
I dressed in wetsuit at home, I wore jeans and a shirt for wetsuit. I was returning home still dressed in wetsuit, and I didn't even take it off at home. I slept well in it and I'm still wearing it. I won't take it off today because I'm going to swim again. I want to stay in it all weekend and take it off on Monday morning.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Post by Fido »

Tonight I tried to sleep in a wetsuit under which I was wearing a latex catsuit. Originally I wanted to sleep only in latex, but it was cold at night, so I wore a wetsuit on top. I slept great. It's perhaps even better than sleeping in the wetsuit only. Latex is more pleasant on the skin than the inner fabric of wetsuit.