sleeping in wetsuits

Chat about anything wetsuit related.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Re: sleeping in wetsuits

Post by Fido »

kevsomerset wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm
Surfer boy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm ive tried a few times but its too tight and warm to get any sleep
I completely agree. I can wear them for quite a few hours when up and about, but not to sleep in for very long at all.
Try starting with a short and thin neoprene. For example, a neoprene swimsuit, which is actually a thin sleeveless short wetsuit. Once your body gets used to it, you can add length and thickness.
Or some variant with a front zipper and leave it open the first night, later closed in half and finally completely. Some swimrun wetsuit.
Surfer boy

Post by Surfer boy »

Fido wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:22 pm
Surfer boy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm ive tried a few times but its too tight and warm to get any sleep
I completely agree. I can wear them for quite a few hours when up and about, but not to sleep in for very long at all.
Try starting with a short and thin neoprene. For example, a neoprene swimsuit, which is actually a thin sleeveless short wetsuit. Once your body gets used to it, you can add length and thickness.
Or some variant with a front zipper and leave it open the first night, later closed in half and finally completely. Some swimrun wetsuit.
i'll have to give it a try
DMs open if anyone wants to chat
kevsomerset
Wetsuit lover

Post by kevsomerset »

Likewise. Perhaps start with a front zip suit or one with a really low neck, but later in the year after the weather has cooled.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Post by Fido »

I went swimming yesterday. It was cold and the water cold so it was clear - triathlon wetsuit.
I dressed in wetsuit at home, I wore jeans and a shirt for wetsuit. I was returning home still dressed in wetsuit, and I didn't even take it off at home. I slept well in it and I'm still wearing it. I won't take it off today because I'm going to swim again. I want to stay in it all weekend and take it off on Monday morning.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Post by Fido »

Tonight I tried to sleep in a wetsuit under which I was wearing a latex catsuit. Originally I wanted to sleep only in latex, but it was cold at night, so I wore a wetsuit on top. I slept great. It's perhaps even better than sleeping in the wetsuit only. Latex is more pleasant on the skin than the inner fabric of wetsuit.
Surfer boy

Post by Surfer boy »

Its getting to that time of year where its not too hot at night. do you think id have more chance with something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255163844875 ... Swz8hhW37c
or one with short sleeves? id rather go from something like this to a full wetsuit so i dont need many suits to get used to it. at the moment a full suit is impossible.
DMs open if anyone wants to chat
SoakedDolphin
Wetsuit lover

Post by SoakedDolphin »

I think this is a great idea.
Slowly getting used to it might be better than get the "full blast" and you can't enjoy it. Then, after some time, you can slowly increase the coverage.
Fido
Wetsuit lover

Post by Fido »

Surfer boy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:10 pm
Its getting to that time of year where its not too hot at night. do you think id have more chance with something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255163844875 ... Swz8hhW37c
or one with short sleeves? id rather go from something like this to a full wetsuit so i dont need many suits to get used to it. at the moment a full suit is impossible.
Yes, I meant something like that.